Thursday, December 30, 2010

Memory for Today - Simple Smiles

Sam has gotten into the habit of wanting to wear a spider man costume that we got for free. He wants to wear it everyday. It just makes me smile to see him running around. I keep a blanket downstairs to snuggle up with on the sofa. He will go and get the blanket and bring it to me. He will say "Mommy, web you." We play this game where he pretends to spread webs all over me and I throw the blanket over my head. It is so cute. Today I had to run errands and did not feel like going through the ordeal of taking the costume off of him. I called Carl at work and we met him for lunch. He was wearing the costume the whole time at lunch. It was amazing the amount of chuckles and smiles that we received at the restaurant. It is amazing that a little child in a spider man costume can bring a little joy into people's lives. It was a blessing to me and to those in the Wendy's. Also Caleb was sitting next to me at lunch. At the end he just leaned over to me. That is his way of saying "Mommy, hug me." Well, what kind of mother would I be if I refused that cute little boy his hugs. Again, I saw several people in the restaurant smile. In the midst of my life I need to remember that children are a blessing from the Lord and I need to cherish those times when they bring a smile to my face. I need to seek out and do things to bring out those beautiful smiles.

No comments: