Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Home Sweet Home - December 3, 2013

Oh what a sweet visit we had in Baltimore. We got to spend time with family and friends. We attended a wonderful thnaksgiving service. We also got to spend time showing some our children the places we got to go when we were their age. All in all we had a good time of fellowship with our family. We even got to stay a few extra days. Due to Carl losing his job we did not have to get home in a hurry. He does have to leave on Friday to spend a few days in California. I am going to miss him tremendously. I always miss him when he goes away. I am going to my mother's for a few days when he leaves. It is just easier to have a few extra hands. My mom does not need much of an excuse to spend timie with her grandchildren. They enjoy the time we spend there. Carl and I looked at the next few weeks on the calendar. They are busy with Carl doing a lot of military duty. That is good because it is money that we can save. It has been a huge blessing to get all the extra military duty. I am so glad becasue it has shown me that The Lord is going to provide for us. He has opened doors for Carl to actually make more money than he did when he was at McKim and Creed. What an unexpected blessing!!!  In the midst of all the military duty, Carl and I are going to try to get a few days away together. We are celebrating 16 years together this year. What an amazing thing! If you looked at all that Carl and I have gone through in these 16 years, we should not be together. We have survived moving 6 times, a move out of state, a deployment, bankrupcy, the birth of 8 children, a separation, and many other little stresses that have ruined many marriages. If not for the grace of God we would be divorced by now. WHat a testimony to the power, redemption, forgiveness, and grace of God. What a mighty thing he has done in our family.

No comments: