Friday, October 19, 2007

Hey Mom! I'm Thankful for your son!

Today was my grocery shopping day. I had a headache all afternoon. I guess a newborn who will scream unless you are holding him and homeschooling five other children will do that to a woman. I really did not want to go but Carl said it was probably a good idea. Carl e-mailed me a list of things he needed at the store. The last item he wrote that he needed is why I am thankful for him. He said he needed to me to buy a card for his lovely wife to show how much he appreciated her. It made my day. So thanks mom for raising such a senstive and loving son. He really knows just when I need some encouragement.
I am also thankful for costumes that still fit from last year. I spent two months working on homemade Narnia costumes for Harvest Fest last year. They still fit and so with some subtle changes the kids are the characters from Lord of the Rings this year. Yeah for me for making them a bit big last year. The joy of simple things!

2 comments:

Davesgirl said...

We need pics of those costumes once the kids get them on! Yeah, Carl's a keeper!! :)

nini14 said...

Just read your post--can't believe I haven't checked it since last week. I read it a little moist-eyed. Glad you appreciate him and that he is helping to make your life easier. Boys are a joy--but sometimes in the midst of raising them, you have to remind yourself of that! I would love to see some pictures of Samuel. I am sure he has changed dramatically since we saw him. I had Caitlin out the other day and she said that she can't wait to see Samuel.