Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Drink of Water

I recently had one of the ladies that help out in Esther's cubbie class come to me with the funniest story. The boys and I have been studying deserts and somehow we got on the topic of how long you can live without water and food. We did research to find the answers. Well I did not know that Esther was listening upstairs in her room. That night at Awana they had story time. They had already taken a potty and drink break but Esther was still thristy. She kept insisting that she needed a drink. The one lady who helps out kept telling her to wait until after story time. Esther looked up at her and with all seriousness informed her "Well my mommy told me that you will die if you did not drink water." The lady just could not help but laugh. It is amazing what our children hear when we don't think they are listening.

1 comment:

Davesgirl said...

So cute!!! It really is amazing what they learn- kinda scary too! Better watch myself!!