Monday, September 10, 2007

Impatience

I have officially hit the "I am so tired of being pregnant" stage. I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and I am so ready to meet this baby. Last night I had contractions all night but they were the annoying kind that are just enough to keep you up but not enough to get anyhting started. With my history of going two weeks late (all five times) I am getting very edgy and depressed. It is still hot down here. Yesterday it was in the mid 90's. Carl got promoted to major yesterday and I went to Fort Bragg to pin his new rank on. First of all it is an hour and half drive with five kids in the car. When we got there we sat in the car for an hour waiting for Carl to get out of a meeting. Not fun. Then we had to drive to the rifle range where the ceremony was going to be. Weird place for a promotion ceremony! Then we had to wait another hour while they got everything ready. NOt fun. Then after the ceremnoy we had to wait another 45 mintues until Carl was released. Not fun. We got back to Garner just in time to go to choir practice at church at 4:30 only to find out that it was not to start until 5:00. We just let the kids run around the grass outside of church to expend some energy. By the time we got home from church at 8:00 i was cranky and my ankles were really swollen. I had no water to drink the whole day, only drinks with caffeine in them. Not a good idea on a hot day. Carl and I both ended up falling asleep before the kids. When I drifted off they were still talking in their rooms, quietly! I guess I just need prayer that I will stop snapping at the kids and Carl and just realize that Samuel will come in God's perfect timing. I told Carl that he is not allowed to touch me in the months of November and December ever again. Ha Ha! I want a winter pregnancy next time around. Or else move to Alsaka. Speaking of hot weather please pray for rain down here. It is really becoming a huge problem. All the lakes are drying up and people still are not cutting down on their water usage. There is even talk of putting people in variable rates where you get charged huge amounts if you go over the average daily allotment for your home. With a family of eight that could be a problem for us in laundry alone. There is also the rule now that if you get caught too many times breaking the water restriction they will turn off your water. We are not even in the part of the state where it is the worst. The mountains are hurting worse than we are. Pray for rain. Now that I got completely off topic. I always tend to write in a stream of conscienceness style anyway. Pray Samuel will come soon so I do not have to be induced, again. Thanks for letting me rant. It feels good to just talk about this all instead of letting it all build up and explode. Like I ever let that happen (HaHA).

2 comments:

nini14 said...

Poor Kimberly--the last weeks are always the toughest! I remember with Ryan I kept wishing that I could just unstrap my belly for an hour and get a break. Having a weekend with your husband away at this point is no fun either. I'll be praying that the Lord gives you a glimpse of joy in what is happening within you--a new life!

Davesgirl said...

Praying for you, Kimberly- those last weeks are always the worst, especially if you know you'll probably go late :(. I hope you don't have to be induced! I've never been BIG pregnant at the end of summer- that must be horrible! Gwen was born in the middle of July, 2 weeks late, and that was hard enough! Praying for energy and patience for you!