Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Ocean

I love the ocean. Always have and always will. It is a different story when you have kids at the ocean. Carl and I decided to go to the shore yesterday. We went to the NC Aquarium at Ft. Fisher. The kids had a blast. We ended up joining. They have a program where you can use your membership at other zoos and aquariums in the country. The Baltimore Zoo is included so the kids want to take a trip up there sometime. There was a beach access right next door to the aquarium and Carl wanted to take the kids. He first had all three boys out there together. I was a basket case. The kids kept going out further and further and Carl only has two hands. The waves were pretty rough and the current kept pushing them further away from me. I was trying to be calm but I was nervous. Finally I think it got to be too much for Carl. He decided that taking them out one at a time into the deeper part was better. I could calm down then. I watched the four others while each child got a turn riding the waves with Daddy. They had a blast. It was the first time in the ocean for Esther, Daniel, and Nathan (he was six months old when we were at the ocean last time.) They also had a good time just playing in the sand or should I say rolling around in it. We were there for a while and then enjoyed a nice leisurely dinner and came home. We had not done anything like this as a family in a long time. I think I did okay in regards to not freaking out about watchign five kids in the ocean. I was nervous but had a good time. Next time I think I am going to bring reinforcements so I can relax a little bit more. It was quite comical me jumping out of the beach chair everytime the boys got pushed over by a wave. My big nine month pregnant body was tired by the end of the day. I slept through the night and did not have to go to the bathroom one time. I guess my body just needed rest.

1 comment:

Davesgirl said...

Hi Kimberly!

Thanks for the invite! I love your blog posts! I DO hope you get some rest and relax, and that the baby will turn properly. I will be praying so hard for you every day.

I love the ocean too- we plan on going to the beach the first or second week of October (no crowds and cheaper rates!) when there is a nice couple days. Have a great start to your week!