Saturday, August 15, 2009

Weird?



Isn't it weird sometimes what the Lord lays on our hearts? I have been reading this book again and last night I just got this overwhelming desire to introduce other women to this book. Our home school co-op has ladies Bible studies and I am thinking that the Lord might be leading me to teach a class next semester. Talk about scary. I just have really enjoyed this book and besides the Bible it is the one book I keep reading over and over. I plan on doing an in-depth study of it. By that I mean I want to dig into all the scripture references and really meditate on them. Unfortunately there is no companion study guide to go along with the book so I am on my own. Please pray as I try to determine if this is something the Lord really wants me to do. Also pray for other women who need the message this book talks about. The ideas are pretty radical for our day and age but it all comes from scripture so we should not fight against the ideas. One of the authors is a former feminist so she knows what she is talking about. Her story alone is worth the price of the book. Read the book if you have not already and pray for the Lord's direction for me in this matter.

1 comment:

Andi said...

hmmm... that looks like a good book! I might just have to get it