Friday, April 29, 2011

A Leap of Faith

Today I had an OB appointment and so I was in the process of finding shoes for all 7 kids (why do they have to wear their good shoes to go play in the creek?) I was ready to go downstairs and get everyone in the van. Caleb loves to be carried downstairs even though he can climb down himself. I sat on the top step so he could come into my arms easier than just picking him up. (this pregnant body of mine does not do well picking up a 25 lb. wiggling child). As I sat down he launched himself into my arms with a flurry of giggles and wrapped his arms around me in a great big hug. As I carried him down the steps it came to me how much he trusts me. He relies on me to protect him and provide for all his needs. My reward is hugs and giggles and the occasional kiss. He does not say mommy yet but when he comes and climbs in my lap in the morning it is all worth it. It reminded me of my relationship with Christ. I sometimes stand at the top and half to trust that God will catch me when I jump. It may be tackling a new project or being a more submissive wife. It may even be having eight children and homeschooling. Whatever "it" is that he is calling me to I need to trust that he will provide for my every need and give me the strength to accomplish the task. I need to jump and wrap my arms around Him tight and believe that he knows it is best for me.

1 comment:

Davesgirl said...

We all can learn this lesson. I soooo need to have more faith- "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!"