Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A day with the Lord

Carl had a conference in Wilmington this Monday. He had to be down there on Sunday night. Being the thoughtful and wonderful husband that he is he invited me to go along for a much needed day of rest. On Saturday we went to the museum of life and science's robot rumble with the kids. They had a great time. Caleb behaved himself for being in the stroller for the whole time. Esther, Nathan, Daniel, and William all got to control the robots for the bot hockey. They had a great time. We then went over my mom's house for a postponed Easter dinner. We had my mom's famous roast (courtesy of COSTCO), mashed potatoes, rolls, corn, punch, and cake for dessert. The kids had a good time guessing how many jelly beans were in the centerpiece. My mom won with a guess of 250. There were 246 in the jar. She is a good at estimating. We left the kids at my mom's house and left for home. We went to church in the morning where we enjoyed actually listening to the sermon instead of making kids be quiet. It was a good thing because we were able to hear about the church's vision for multividying. We are going to be dividing the church in two better geographic ones. We will be able to reach more people and grow more. We are excited.
After church went home to pack and head off to Wilmington. We checked into the hotel and walked along the river walk to Elijah's. We had a nice leisurely meal while watching the sun set. It was great. We walked back to the hotel and Carl worked on his presentation while I read my bible. No television or music. Just reading the word of God uninterrupted.
Carl left in the morning and Tirzah and I packed up the room and went down for breakfast. We ate at the hotel restaurant. We were able to eat outside and enjoy the great breakfast buffet. I even was able to get my meal for free. The very nice waitress was able to work it out for me. It pays to be very nice to people. After breakfast Tirzah and I took a walk on the river walk. I came back to the hotel and sat by the pool. It was in the shade. I spent the next several hours in God's word. Literally reading the bible for three hours is something I had not done in a very long time. I can't tell you how good it was to do that. I just kept reading and reading. I had brought other books to read but did not really get to them. It was just me and God all day. I did break for lunch but then came back to the hotel and read some more. Carl came back about 4:30 and we packed up to leave. On the way home Carl and I were able to talk about some of the things that God had revealed to me that day.
It was a great day and one that was long overdue. I have come to realize that I need to do this every 3 months or so. It is so important for me to make my relationship with Christ the most important thing.
Satan was not happy with the day I spent with the Lord. He had been attacking me this week. I have not felt well since we returned. Today I struggled with a migraine. I will not let him ruin what the Lord put on my heart. Pray that the joy from this day will not be stolen from me. I pray that other women will realize the importance of getting alone with the Lord.

No comments: