Sunday, April 29, 2012

So tired

After my wonderful day with the Lord things took a bad turn. I have been sick ever since. I have this nasty cough that just won't away. I have lovingly passed it to several of my children. The first week it was just me who felt bad. That Friday Sam cut his foot with one of Alex's wood carving tools (it no longer belongs to Alex). Off to the doctor. The next day we were back to get Tirzah checked out for pink eye. Drops for her. It was funny because the doctor asked me if I wanted the drops that killed it immediately and was no longer contagious or the drops that takes 3 days to kill it was she would be contagious that whole time. Duh! Off to the pharmacy for medicine. Monday we were back because Tirzah had a well check. I also took in Daniel because he had a cut on his head. (the handiwork of my sweet Nathan - let's just say the boy has good aim.) While there Daniel was found to have an ear infection and wheezing. Breathing treatment while there. Lovely. Tirzah checked out okay. Tiny but normal. Whew! Finally some good news from the doctor. Tuesday we were back because Sam had some asthma issues during the night. Breathing treatment but just monitoring. Wednesday and Thursday we were in the clear. Just coughing at home. Thursday night though Sam spiked a fever of 102 degrees. He was twitching ad totally out of it all night. His breathing rate was 55 (for those lucky parents who do not need to know what a normal breathing rate for a 4 year old is this is very high - 20 is about normal for his age.) Back to the doctor on Friday. Everything checked out okay. No pneumonia or ear infection. Whew! Saturday we drove down to my mom's. We are planning on driving to West Virginia on Monday to see my grandmother. She has never met Tirzah or Caleb. Saturday night was a disaster. No one got any sleep. Sam coughed all night long. Daniel whined about his ear hurting. We had held off on the antibiotics for him hoping that the ear infection would just go away on its own. No such luck. Sam was not improved in the morning and was running a fever again. More breathing treatments and no improvememnt. Back to the doctor on Sunday morning. By the time I got there he was fine and acting normal. Ughhhhhhhhhh! This time she decided to out him on steroid since he has been coughing for over a week and one albuterol that whole time. I am tired. So is everyone else. On top of everything else we got a phone call from my aunt in WV. My grandmother is in ICU in congestive heart failure and has pneumonia. Now it is even more important for us to get up there. On a good note. My sweet, wonderful husband who was not planning to go to WV with us has decided that he needs to go with us to help out with the kids so I can visit with my grandmother. Please pray that we will get there safely and be able to visit with her. She has been sick for so long and misses my grandfather. She has a relationship with Jesus so she is at peace with dying. She keeps saying that she just wants to go home. Please pray that this week will be less eventful than last week. Pray for strength for me as I continue to have a cough and that I will not get discouraged.

No comments: