Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Fire Hazard

While I was driving down the road to the mall today (I had to return Alex's broken crocs) I heard a phrase in a song that just sttod out to me. I cannot remember the name of the song. I think it was by Lyndsay Taylor. I cannot even remember the exact wording of the prhase. All I can remember is that it was talking about a dry field and how they are the ones prone to fire. It just struck me that when my life is dry in regards to my relationship with Christ that I am opening myself up to the possibility of a fire. Now I know that God can send a trial our way when our relationship with him is going great. We are more prone to a fire of our own making though when we leave oursleves dry. It seems like I have been going through a dry spell lately, more like a drought. I want to, no I need to, make sure that I am working on making my relationship with Christ one that is flourishing and abundant. It take a lot of effort but it needs to be the number one priority in my life. When I do this all the other relationships in my life are right where they need to be. I don't want to live in a drought. I want a flourishing life.

No comments: