Monday, March 4, 2013

Behind Again 3/4/13

Three Gifts Green

181. The green grass that is starting to poke through again. I love it when the weather turns warm again and the flowers and grass return after a cold winter.

182. The green shirt I am wearing today. It means my husband has a job and is able to easily provide clothing when we need it. Yes, we need to be careful with our finances and I am always looking for a good deal, but we have clothes to wear.

183. The green curtains in my schoolroom that blocks out the astonishingly bright sunlight right now. It reminds of the awesome privilege I have in homeschooling and the fact that I have a house that I can raise my children in.

Three gifts wore.

184. My coat that I can wear during this unseasonably cold weather in North Carolina.

185. The long denim skirt that my mother gave me. She ordered it for herself but it was too big. Instead of returning it she offered it to me. I love her unselfish spirit.

186. The glasses that I absolutely need to be able to see. I cannot function without them and am useless when I cannot find them.

Three gifts hard to give thanks for.

187. This has been a tough weekend as we found out that my husband is being deployed in June for 9 months. I have really struggled with this all weekend. I have gone from trusting to sheer panic. Being a single mom of 8 kids for 9 months is not something that I thought was in my future. I have to give thanks for this because it is in God's perfect plan. He never says oops and this is what is best for us right now. We are safer in his will than out of it. So, thank you Lord for my husbands upcoming deployment.

188. Carpet. I know it sound petty. My children have done a number on our lowest contractor grade carpet. It was not put in properly in some places and it looks awful. I have area rugs covering most areas. I would love to put in hard wood floors. But, right now, at this point in time we have carpeting. So, thank you Lord for the carpeting in a house that you have so richly blessed us with.

189. It is hard to give thanks for all the preparations for this deployment. There is so much to prepare for from finances to house preparations. The list just keeps getting longer and longer. Every time I think of something that needs to be done my heart breaks a little thinking of the time spent apart from each other. But Lord, I thank you that we have 2 1/2 months to prepare. My husbands last deployment was sudden and we had two weeks to prepare. This is a blessing to have this much time to get ready.

No comments: