Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Update and Changes 3/5/13

Some of you may have heard a rumor about our family. No, I am not pregnant. Carl got news this weekend that he is going to be deployed in June for 9 months. We knew this was a great possibility. We have been dodging the bullet for years now. He has been slated to go but has always been taken off the list for some reason or another. This time it looks like there is no getting off the list. We are busily preparing for his departure in 2 1/2 months. I spent the first two days going from crying hysterically to fully trusting God. I know that He is perfect and he never gives us anything that we cannot handle. It is tough though. I will basically become a single parent for 9 months and Carl will be bombarded with the unworldly things that go along with being away from his family and support system. There are many temptations that he will face and I will too. I will be tempted to be angry and bitter and let discipline go with the children. I will be tempted to just give up and let the kids watch TV all day. I know this because this is what I was tempted with last time he was deployed. At that time we only had four kids and we had just started formal homeschooling so it was easy kindergarten stuff. Now we have 4 more kids and are into pre algebra, writing assignments, geography, and much more advanced things in addition to doing kindergarten stuff with a few of the littles. I am apprehensive about the whole thing. I know that I am going to need help but I do not want to go live with my mom. I know that she would be willing to let us stay there but I cannot take football and Tae Kwon Do away from the boys. I am just still processing it all. Two things that I just keep repeating over and over in my mind come from a sermon I heard this weekend and a song that has been really special to me.
1. Never doubt in the storm what God has taught you in the calm.
2. Every gift that I receive God determined just for me.
Carl and I are going to need a lot of support over this next year. Please keep us and our children in your prayers.

Three gifts found.

190. We have probably over 5,00 books in our house. They are everywhere. I have no idea of all the titles and authors. Every once in a while I will be looking for a particular book that I am pretty sure that I have. It never fails that I will pray about finding it and within 10 minutes of looking for it, I have found it. That is just God.

191. I went out this weekend to look for some clothes for me for our upcoming vacation. I knew what I needed. I had some time by myself and went to the thrift store. I found exactly what I needed the first place I looked. Most everything I picked out and tried on fit. Each thing I purchased was no more than $10 with most being $3. What a blessing it was.

192. I have found a peace over my husband's deployment. Yes, there will still be many tears shed. Yes, I will miss him greatly. I know that God is in control and this is his perfect will for us right now.

No comments: