Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Broken and Beautiful 3/6/13

A gift bent, broken, and beautiful

193. Bent - I have a cutting board in my kitchen. I love it for two reasons. The first reason is that it has a lip on it so it fits on my counter top and does not move around. The second reason is because my father made it for me for Christmas. He does woodworking and he loves to build his girls things (he has four daughters). It is so special because it is well used and actually bent from all the use. It still works great and I will keep using it until it breaks. Every time I look at it I think of my dad and the special man that he is.

194. Broken - My heart at the thought of not seeing my sweet man for 9 months. May the Lord give us both strength and protection for this upcoming separation. The military may have him for 9 months but he is mine for a lifetime.

195. Beautiful - My little boys love for their mama. My Caleb was playing on my bed this morning and I asked him to give me a kiss and hug. He started charging at me and I had to throw my hands out for protection and say "Gentle kisses and hugs." He obeyed and we enjoyed some snuggle time, for about 10 seconds, before he was off again. I love my boys, all six of them. It brought joy to my heart to start off the day.

My sweet man just called. He has been busy lately with a lot of things on his mind. He has been thinking about all the things that come with his deployment. We have not had a lot of time to talk as he has been up late every night. When he comes to bed I have fallen asleep, not out of disrespect but out of exhaustion. I told him this morning that we will have to find some time to talk about things soon. When he called he said he was arranging for a babysitter this evening so we can go out and talk. Oh, how I love that man. He brought tears to my eyes.

No comments: