Sunday, August 5, 2007

Consequences of Disobedience

Things always seem to go wrong when Carl is away. We got home from church this afternoon and I went upstairs to change. It is like 100 degrees outside with high humidity. I walked into the kitchen five minutes later and William informed me that Alex had blood all over his hand. I found out that he was trying to open some candy that he received in Sunday School. I had told him to wait until I could do it for him. He decided to try it himself with a kitchen knife. The knife sliced his finger open. It was the kind of wound that I knew he would reopen every time he bumped it. Off we went to Urgent Care, all five kids in tow. They got us in right away and luckily he did not need stitches. They cleaned it out real good and glued it. The nurses told me that the kids were so good. And they were. I was impressed. What a testimony to all the hard work we as parents put into training our children in the ways of the Lord. One nurse told me that the night before they had three kids in who tore the place apart. It was a lesson for me and the kids in several ways. First of all that disobedience has consequences. For me it taught me that the hard work we all do as mothers is rewarded and is a testimony to those around us. People are always watching large families to see how they work. What a light for Christ we can be to a dark world.
On a serious note. While Carl was away this weekend he tried to meet up with a family from his days in Amway. He was driving right past their house and called to see if they could get together. When he called he found out that the wife has brain and spine caner. She had some problems a while back with a tumor but now she has cancer. Their names are Monty and Luanne Wilson. They have three kids , two girls and a boy. They are a little bit older than all our kids but not by much. PLease pray for this family. They are a christian family so that is wonderful. We just want to lift them up in prayer. As a mom I can't imagine what thoughts must be going through her head.

No comments: