Saturday, August 4, 2007

Tales of A Reserve Wife


Carl is in Charlotte all this weekend. For those of you not from North Carolina it is the largest city in NC. It is about 3 hours from where we live. He was meeting with the Battalion soldiers this weekend. He actually has two drills this month. The other one is his normal battle readiness that meets at Fort Bragg. He then has one the first weekend of September. At least it is extra money. He even got a raise because he was just promoted to major. The kids have been extra wild today. They always seem to do that when Carl is gone. They know he can't come home to discipline them. It is now 10:30 and two of the boys are still up. They have been in trouble all day. Esther even had to go to bed early. I guess she needed extra sleep. She fell asleep before 7:30. Church tomorrow should be interesting. It is hard to keep the kids occupied during church. During the evening service we only have nursery for Daniel. Four kids in the service, all by myself, is a lot to handle. I keep thinking back to when Carl was in Kuwait. I could not have handled it without my mom and dad. I am thankful for them everyday. I pray for the families of active duty and reserve soldiers every day. God bless them. Please remember to pray for them.

No comments: