Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Need Some Prayer Warriors

Okay guys. I need some prayer warriors right now. My mother just called me and the first thing she said was I was not allowed to cry or get upset. i immediately knew the news was not going to be good. My dad has been in the hospital since Tuesday morning. He was out of breath and tired which normally indicates a blocked artery. He has had several stints put in already so we just thought that was happening again. They did all the normal tests (blood work, stress test). They discovered his white blood count was extremely low. They immediately put him in a private room and he can have no visitors. He can't even have fruit or flowers in his room. They say his immune system is very weak right now. He was over the house Monday and luckily none of my guys were sick. We should have some test results back tomorrow. They asked a ton of questions and told my parents that he either has a very serious infection he just can't get rid of or Leukemia. I am trying not to absolutely freak out about this but I am scared out of mind. I did not cry on the phone to my mom but I called Carl and just broke down. I know that whatever happens is the Lord's will and that he will give us all strength to get through this trial. It is just a scary thought. Please pray for my sisters as they are in Colorado and Virginia and can't be here physically right now. I am going down to see my mom tomorrow so I should have some more information then. She is going to watch the boys while Esther gets her hair cut. She decided it was too long and found a pair of scissors resulting in a much needed trip to the salon. Isn't it amazing that the Lord gives us something to laugh about in the midst of a storm? I will update you all about my dad as soon as we know something. Just pray for my dad and mom right now. I just thought the more people that know about this the better. Send out the word and get my dad covered in prayer. As I was typing this William, my tender one, came in the room and was reading over my shoulder. He looked at me and did not say a word but gave the biggest hug in the world. Isn't it awesome that God knows when we need a hug?

2 comments:

Davesgirl said...

I can understand your panic! OH your poor dad and mom- I can't believe all this. I will be praying for them and your whole family- keep us informed.

Tara-- said...

Oh my goodness, Kimberly! I'll keep you and your parents in my prayers. Hang in there!