Monday, February 25, 2008

Sam's Appointment

Sam had his early intervention appointment today. He did not get into the program. He did too well on all the tests they gave him. THat is a good thing. They did say that he did have a significant difference in the left arm than the right. The doctor who came examined him and gave me an answer though as to why there is the problem with the left arm. She is convinced that he broke his collor bone during delivery. She said she could feel where it broke and healed. She said there is nothing they can do about it. We just need to exercise and work at making the left arm stronger. She could not believe that no one picked up on that before. He was such a big baby and he did get stuck that she said a broken collar bone should have been the first thing they checked for. Oh, well. So it was a good appointment in that he is normal and we got an answer as to why the arm is weaker. It was disappointing though that now the exercises and strengthening fall on my already slumped shoulders. I need to figure out how to do speech therapy with Esther and Nathan (Esther has problems with her r's), occupational therapy with Nathan and now physical therapy with Sam. That is on top of homeschooling and reteaching Alex how to read (he does not get phonics). My life would definately be very boring if I did not have children. I keep telling Carl that I am going to go back and get my masters in speech therapy and cater only to homeschoolers. It is hard to get services when you have a kid that has special needs. I know the Lord is allowing this all to happen to make me stronger and to prepare me for the something special. Each thing that happens serves only to draw us closer to him.

3 comments:

nini14 said...

I didn't know your appointment was today. What is it with the latest Trautmans and broken bones? Glad to know that you at least may have an answer. And we will be praying for a way for you to get everything done that you NEED to get done. There is an answer and sometimes it is just a little maturing that is needed (kids) and patience (mom)!

The T fam said...

KIMBERLY!
All this time I thought you hadn't been posting because my page wasn't refreshing! I just got caught up!

Awesome about your coop! I'd love to find something like that around here.

I'll be praying for Sam. Boy, you do have a lot on your plate. Adding physical therapy on top would send me overboard. I'm lifting you up to Him daily- now that I'm "in the know"!
Love ya and see ya at Retreat! YAY!
Tiff

Davesgirl said...

Oh my- I am glad he didn't get in the program! I am sorry you have to deal with all this... I know you are overwhelmed- I would be too! You are an awesome example- keep speaking truth to yourself... I am praying for you daily...