Thursday, February 14, 2008

Prayer Group

Have you guys ever heard of Moms In Touch International? My prayer group on Thursday mornings use their material. They are a group of moms who get together and pray for their kids schools and teachers. As homeschoolers we adjust things a bit but it is an awesome group. Today we started praying and prayed for an hour! I have never done that before. It was amazing! We jsut kept taking turns praying for our children, our homes and husbands, the SEEK co-op. Everything we felt the Lord place on our heart. It was an amazing time of fellowship. The Lord is really blessing those in the group and I highly recommend starting a prayer group with others homeschoolers. It is also convicting me to be more diligent with my prayer life personally. It is just an amzing time of prayer with God and starts me day of great. How many times have I used the word amazing in this post but that is the only word to describe it. I guess I need to get out a thesaurus. Anyway, just wanted to encourage you guys in your prayer life. It is so important.

1 comment:

Davesgirl said...

That sounds really awesome ;)- amazing, even ;)! When I was in school, Open Bible had a Moms in Touch group, and they liked it a lot. Even had sweatshirts made for themselves! I really wish I could find a nice co-op down here- how did you find yours? Is it just a big church? Tiff and I were just "talking" about how we have been trying to have afternoon prayer time, but have been failing at it. Thanks for the encouragement- when I take the time, it is the biggest blessing. When I get old, I am going to make a point of helping the younger ladies with little kids all I can so they can have a quiet, stress free moment to pray and have Bible study!