Sunday, March 9, 2008

Humor in the Storm

My dad is doing okay. He had some trouble breathing yesterday so he had to go get a ct scan. I think my mother is purposfully not telling us everything. She doesn't want to worry anyone.I have yet to see my dad or talk to him yet as the kids have been sick. They don't want him around anyone who is sick and my mom is afraid of picking up something from the kids. Maybe sometime next week I will finally be able to see him. My sister in VA has threatened to come down but my mom says it is pretty boring in the hospital. The chemo is making him very sick. He is supposed to start another medication on Monday. They can't do the normal medication with him because of his heart condition. They are putting him on arsenic. I know that sounds silly. My mom and I just laugh everytime we talk about it. I mean gosh, we could have taken care of that at home with some rat poison. HE HE. We are trying to find humor wherever we can find it. Be in prayer as he has to come off of his heart medication in order to take the arsenic. This heart medication is what has kept him alive for the past eight years. He has not misssed a dose in those eight years so the doctors are nervous as are all us girls. I can't till the retreat next weekend. I am going to need some time just to relax and not think about this all. Pray for my mom as ahe has been to the hospital every day. She has lupus and stress causes it to flare up. She would not tell us if it was though. She is such a strong woman. I do appreciate all your prayers. I cannot imagine going through this without all the support from the churches and people who have prayed for us all. It makes me appreciate even more the Chrisitan faith that my parents have and how they raised us girls. We know that whatever happens we will see our dad in heaven some day. We have hope in this storm.

1 comment:

Davesgirl said...

Thanks for the update- I am so sorry he is feeling sick with the chemo... We'll be praying for your dad, and your mom's lupus not to flare up. It must be hard not to see either of them- you probably feel as if you are in a fog. It is wonderful when bad things happen to have Christian support. I don't know how others do it... this quote from John Piper has helped me with my current health struggles- "If we are Christ’s, then what befalls us is for his glory and for our good whether it is caused by enzymes or by enemies."

I'll miss seeing you at the retreat :( Have a relaxing time and rejuvenate!