Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pneumonia

I can never remember how to spell that word, so if it is wrong I apologize. Sam had a high fever on thursday so I ended up taking him to ER. His fever was 102 and his breathing was shallow and very fast. We were there till 3:30 in the morning. He was diagnosed with very early pneumonia and put on antibiotics. Friday he was very sick but Saturday he started to perk up. He is still very tired and is not eating well. That is uncomfortable for me. He is on albuterol to keep his lungs open. One of the side effects of albuterol is decrease in appetite. He has just been snacking for four days. He still has a bad cough so be praying that he gets better. He has a follow up appointment tomorrow to see if the medicine is working.

2 comments:

Davesgirl said...

I think you spelled it right- you guys just keep getting stuff sent your way, don't you? We'll be praying it is short-lived...

nini14 said...

Hope he is feeling better. I chastised my son..talked with him twice after Thursday and had to find out about Samuel's trip to the hospital on your blog! Poor little guy. NiNi sends a kiss!