Sunday, March 23, 2008

Unnamed

We live in a society where we want our name remembered. We aim at making our name known. Some people even want their name remembered so bad that they go through extraordinary lengths to do so. They become infamous. People do crazy things to get in record books all to be remembered. Their focus is all wrong. The only place out name needs to be remembered is in the Lambs Book of Life. Our name needs to be there or we will spend eternity in hell. I think of the man on the cross to the side of Jesus. He is known to generations of Bible readers and non Bible readers alike. He is simple known as a thief, yet his name is recorded in the Lamb’s Book of Life. He is in heaven as we speak. His name is not known except to Jesus. It does not matter if our name is known to many. Fame is fleeting and comes with many problems. As long as Jesus knows our name all else fades away. Generations from now people will probably not know my name. But I will be in heaven with Jesus and He will call me by name. I will also be able to find out the name of the unnamed thief on the cross. Being known as mom, wife, and child of God is enough for me here in this life I have on earth.

1 comment:

Davesgirl said...

Me too, Kimberly! If I could always remember that... "just" to be a wife, mommy, child of God- oh how deceived we often are!