Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Catch Up





Wow! It has been a busy month. February always is. Two close birthdays and Valentines Day. Alex turned 13 on the 3rd and Carl turned 40 on the 7th. It was a great time. Alex's brithday fell on a Friday. He spent Wednesday through Saturday at my mom's celebrating with them. They came to the house on Saturday to celebrate with another family from church. That gave Carl time to set up his present. We bought him a trampoline. He has been asking for one for years. We finally decided that it would be a good investment. He was so surprised. He loved it and the kids jump on it everyday. Carl's birthday was a big one too. He wanted to have a party but with homeschooling, nursing Tirzah, taking care of eight children, and all the other things I do during the day I did not have time to plan one. I fixed him a good dinner and decorated the house. We made poster board cards for him and posted them to the garage so he would see them when he came in. I also made him two apple pies, his favorite. It was a small family affair but we had a good time. Carl and I dropped the kids off at my mom's house on Friday after his birthday so we could go out. We had a parenting seminar on Friday night so we out for brunch at the Farmer's Market Restaurant. We had a good time and Carl finally got his birthday present. He has been researching tools. He needed a neww drill and decided on a Kobalt set. He is quite pleased. It was a busy week for me with big, special meals to fix but it was all worth it to make my precious men feel special.

Menu for Alex's Birthday
Daddy's Special Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Chips
Ice Cream Cake

Presents
Trampoline
Art supplies
T-shirts (silly, I know)

Menu for Carl's birthday
Haystacks
Rice
Black Beans
Apple Pie

Presents
Kobalt tool set

No comments: