Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day





Carl and I have been trying not to eat out as much. For Valentines Day I decided to make a nice dinner at home. I planned a nice breakfast of Raspberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast. All I can say is wow! They were so yummy and there were no pieces left for Carl. I decorated the table all for Valentines Day. The kids thought it was really cool. For lunch we went out to Moe's. I know I said we were trying not to eat out as much but I knew that I was going to be busy preparing for dinner so I wanted a little break. I came home and started cooking. I made cupcakes from scratch. The frosting I bought (I know - cheating right). I then made homemade foccia bread but cut it into heart shapes. I put olive oil, salt, and feta cheese on them. They were awesome and there are none left. My next thing was homemade tiramisu. It is Carl's favor tie dessert. I made homemade ladyfingers (twice actually). The first time I made them I did not beat the eggs enough and even though they tasted good they were flat. The second attempt was much better. The kids were happy because they got to eat all the first batch. It tasted okay. The coffee was too strong. I will make it again but with a weaker coffee. We had chicken alla cacciatore, green beans, roastedpotatoes, and pink lemonade punch (pink lemonade, sprite, and raspberry sherbet.) The kids loved it all. Carl got me a food processor, candles, tea, and popcorn. I know they say that appliances for presents are not good but I am very excited. When I went to Walmart last Thursday I hit the toy clearance jackpot. I got toy story 3 figurines for $1. Those were for the little guys. They also got a Cars 2 aqua doodle pad that I found for $4. The big ones got Ben 10 figurines that I found for $1. Everyone got a Cars 2 lego set that was regularly $60 but I found it for $10. The kids were overjoyed because they normally don't get anything for Valentines Day. My favorite part of the evening was when Carl and the boys joined me in reading scripture cards I had made. Each card had a verse that dealt with God's love for us printed on the back. It was a great day, one where I showed my sweet blessing how much I love them.

No comments: