Monday, February 6, 2012

Wonderful Weather

We have been blessed with such a wonderful winter. I mean, my kids have worn short sleeves a lot this season. Right now I am listening to them play outside on the new trampoline. The trampoline has been a great motivator in getting school work done by the way. Everyone has just been commenting on how great a winter this has been. This morning though the Lord showed me that not everyone is enjoying such a blessed winter. There was an article in the paper about the cold spell in Europe. Russia especially has been hard hit with temperatures hitting 30 below zero in some places. I cannot even imagine how cold that is. The Lord just caused me to look outside my own little world and see the suffering of others a world away. I have just been praying all day for the people in these areas. Especially the Christians. I pray that the missionaries in these areas would be blessed today. I pray that they would use this time to be able to reach people for God's name. The homeless and the poor are the ones that are dying. I pray that the Christians would reach out to them and help provide for their physical needs. In doing so I pray that they would be able to meet the spiritual needs of these people as well. That is what the Lords laid on my heart this morning. I pray that if you have a moment today pray for those experiencing a drastically different winter than we are.

No comments: