Saturday, January 7, 2012

At the End of My Days

Carl and I attended the funeral of a co-worker of his today. He was a good friend to Carl and had known for quite some time that he was dying of cancer. Funerals always either depress me or encourage me. This one was an encouraging one because Carl and I truly believe that this man was saved and is now in heaven. It was amazing to see his son get up and talk about the man he was, especially as a father. It got me to thinking what will be said at my funeral. Will my children recall that I always kept a clean house? Will they say that I yelled at them a lot? Will they say that they had no fun growing up? Or will they say that I was kind and compassionate? That I always made them feel loved. That I made growing up fun. That I was joyful and always giving thanks to God. What will my children say at my funeral? I want them to remember that I made them each feel special and taught them the way to the Lord. I need to be reminded every once in while that my life is more than getting through each day. My goal should be what my children and grandchildren will say at the end of all my days. When I go to stand before my Lord what will my legacy be? Will it be a legacy that honors God and brings glory to his name? That is my goal. At the end of my days I want all the glory to go God.


This picture was taken in 2010 but it just expressed how I want my children to remember how they were raised. I love the simple joy of this photo.

No comments: