Tuesday, January 17, 2012

NC Sledding


It does not snow too often in North Carolina. This winter in particular hhas been very mild. Today it was around 70 degrees and beautiful. I kicked the kids outside and told them to find something to do. They decided to go sledding. We had bought them sleds for Christmas and they have been bummed that they have not been able to use them. We have a steep slope in the back yard that leads down to the creek. They decided to see if the sleds would work on the dirt. They were thrilled when they did! They spent the whole day taking turns. It was so cute to see the older ones helping Sam and Caleb go down the hill. At 5:30, when it finally got dark, I had to drag them in. It really made me smile to see Nathan and Esther helping Caleb up the steep slope. It was so cute. Esther and Sam would go down with their arms wrapped around one another. It was good to see them working and playing together. Sometimes they act like they really hate each other. Today though I was able to see that they do enjoy being in the same family. What a joy to see them together. I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

cthokie said...

That's awesome sweetie. I love you

cthokie said...

That's awesome sweetie. I love you

cthokie said...

That's awesome sweetie. I love you