Friday, January 6, 2012

Protectors

Today was not a good day for the littles around here. Caleb is still in pain from his ear infection so he spent the entire day crying. Sam and Daniel would play nice for a while and then mutiny would occur. I spent the day going from Caleb to Daniel to Sam. I lost count at the times I had to put the helmets and weapons back on lego figures (curse you lego company for making those little arms that want to pop off). Daniel had been playing outside with Esther for a little while (I was able to get a little break in the middle of the day). When he came in the house he threw his shoes on the floor. Now mind you, where he threw them was right in front of the shoe cubbies. I told him to put them away and he got mad at me and told me that William was supposed to put his shoes away (why William was responsible I am still trying to figure out.) He picked up his shoes and made a motion to throw one at me. Big no no. I was shocked but what happened next floored me. Alex was watching this all unfold. I watched him walk over to me, cross his arms and stand right in front of me looking at Daniel. He just stood there glaring at Daniel. Next thing I know Nathan comes over and joins him. So here I have Daniel with a shoe in his hand ready to launch it at me and two big boys standing in the way so that I am completely protected. I did not know what to say. Daniel got the message real quick and while still looking at his brothers with a look of astonishment on his face he slowly backed up and put his shoes in his box. I was speechless for a second but then went over and told Alex and NAthan thank you. I felt so proud of my protectors. I still tear up writing this. I hope that all my boys will be protectors for all their lives. May they never lose the desire to want to watch out for the women in their lives.

Here are a few photos from the day.



No comments: