Monday, January 16, 2012

PRIVACY!


In a house full of 10 people it is very hard to find some privacy. In our house of seven males and three females the bathroom is not even a sacred place (unless you lock the door and not even then due to the incessant banging that takes place.) There is no way for the kids to have their own rooms. Can you imagine how much space 9 bedrooms would take up? We were rearranging the bedrooms this weekend and Alex, who is turning 13 next month, requested some space of his own. Every available space in this house is occupied with someone of something. The kids have their fort outside but the weather is too cold for them to go out and play for long periods of time. I came up with a pretty creative solution for Alex. I told him that I would make some sort of partition for his bottom bunk. I had some left over fabric from some Christmas projects and he and I sewed (yes, boys can sew too). He had so much fun making the panels. We made them so he could tie them to the upper bunk. He is able to climb in and out of bed and them pull the panels closed so he has some semblance of privacy. He is so excited and now all the kids want me to make them for their beds. I don't mind except the upper bunks are going to prove challenging. Oh well. It was awesome to see how excited he got over that little bit of space he can completely call his own. He is getting older and I realize that he needs that space just for him. I can't believe that in 5 short years that he will be 18. That is a sobering thought when I think of all the things I still want to teach him. He is such a precious boy who has such a sensitive spirit. He has been struggling the last few years but I see him finally starting to mature and move into a new stage of his life. I pray daily that the Lord would use him greatly. I pray that God would be the major priority of his life and that he draw closer to Him. I love you Alex!

No comments: