Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not a Sick Day but a Sick Week



This week has not been what I expected. I think I know why the Lord gave me two extra hours of sleep on Sunday. He knew that I would need it this week. Caleb has been recovering from an ear infection he had last week. He has been very cranky. Esther started to feel bad on Sunday right in the middle of church. She had a fever and a headache. Tirzah started feeling bad that night. She had a high fever and was generally feeling very cranky, which is not like her. We were able to get some clean up and school done on Monday. Tuesday was a sick day because Tirzah was at the doctor's and was fussy. All she wanted to do was be held. Monday night Sam had a fever and headache and slept in our room. He and Tirzah did not get up until almost 10:30 in the morning. Tirzah was horrible on Tuesday. She would not eat and was starting to get dehydrated. She did not have any wet diapers all day. I took her back to the doctor on Tuesday evening. She finally started to nurse Tuesday night, all night. I got hardy any sleep. Wednesday all Tirzah wanted to do was nurse and sleep, in my arms. I laid on the couch all day with her. I did not feel well either. I was so tired from being up all night with the sick kids. In the midst of all this William got sick with the same thing. Alex was also dealing with pink eye along with Sam. I was at the doctor this morning with Alex because with the eye drops he was actually getting worse. They prescribed a stronger eye drop for him because he is in such pain. I have been at the doctor's Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I am exhausted and stressed out. We have been doing nothing but laying around and watching television. I pray that I don't get sick along with the kids. Everyone seems to be on the mend now. I now that Lord has a plan for everything even all that has occurred this week. The grandiose plans I had for organizing the house and doing school went out the window this week. I guess I just needed a break this week along with everyone else. I have had my moments this week that have not been ones I want people to witness. I have been stressed out and exhausted from not sleeping well all this week. The Lord has been working on my heart this week in the midst of all the sickness. He has been revealing areas I need to work on that I thought I had been doing well in. I need to be in the word more and seeking His guidance.

No comments: