Friday, January 18, 2013

In No Mood to Write

I am just in a rotten mood tonight and will not even attempt to blog. I just need to pray and go to sleep but I did something to my neck today and I can hardly turn my head. I wanted to just relax tonight but the kids took all the hot water so I can't take a bath. Oh, well. I just need to be alone and get my heart right. I also keep waking up at night and feeling like I am under spiritual attack. I am actually not looking forward to closing my eyes. That, and Tirzah has woken up every night this week and has a bear of a time going back to sleep. I think Satan is trying to discourage me in the changes that I have been trying to make this year. I need encouragement and prayer and I am upset right now with my sweet man for a silly reason but I am upset nonetheless. So, I am not getting any encouragement from him right now. Sigh. Off to pray and confess and plead with God for more than 4 hours of sleep tonight. Oh, the kids ruined my pillow today by pillow fighting so I can't even get comfortable. Can you hear me sigh?

I listed these gifts earlier today before the day really even began and chaos erupted. Kind of ironic huh?

Three gifts from God's word:

52. Psalm 17:15
"As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake I shall be satisfied with your likeness."
I am most satisfied when I am most like Him.

53. Psalm 139:23-24
"Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me and lead me in the way everlasting!"
This is my prayer every morning and evening.

54. 1 Corinthians 10:13
" No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not allow you to be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."
It is the "way of escape" part that I cling to in this promise.

No comments: