Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Walking in truth



What is the most important need I feel burdened to meet this year?
I know that I can not force my children to come to a belief and faith in Jesus. I know that I cannot make the ones who are saved want to have a growing, vibrant relationship with Christ. My joy is not found in this. What I can do is pray for them more than I ever have. I can lead them to the feet of Christ by example. I can live my life in such a way that they have no excuse to not come to him and grow to be more like him. I know the decision is theirs but I need to model a victorious Christian life for them. I have made so many mistakes in the past. My children are the way they are because of the example I have set. I am suffering the consequences of my sin by seeing those same things fourfold in my children. It grieves my heart to know that I have not shown them how to be like Christ. I have made a commitment this year to make changes in my life that cause me to draw closer to God and to honor and enjoy him more. I cannot make my children want to have that same desire. I have seen such change in my own life and I want that for my children. It seems that the last couple days I have just been bombarded with the damage I have done to them. Just tonight I was so discouraged. I just wanted to cry and run away. I realized that this is exactly where Satan wants me and where I have spent the last year. I went upstairs and the chaos of bedtime was just grating on my nerves. I just started praying and the things I have read this year just started flooding to my mind. My God is a God of impossible things. My children walking in truth seems an impossibility right now. But God can accomplish much in the hearts of a family that wants to honor him. He can take my mistakes and turn them into a wonderful testimony to his glory and honor. I need to keep praying for the impossibility of my children turning to Him and trust that he WILL ANSWER. He will turn my mourning into joy. I have felt more joy this week despite the fact that all of these things are coming to light. I have confessed my mistakes and will continue to do so as I learn myself how to walk closer to him. When I am discouraged I will trust God. I will fill my mind with things that honor him. I will remember that he promises to never give us anything that we cannot handle. So, this year the need I feel burdened to meet is to guide my children to walk in His truth and even if they choose to go down a different path I will give Him all glory and honor. I WILL follow Him all of my days until my last breath.

100 gifts of God's grace
45. A gift worn: my glasses that I need to see everything. Without them I would not be able to drive or see the beauty around me.

46. A gift given away: a hug from my three year old while on my afternoon walk. Who can resist a child running toward them with their arms open wide and a huge smile on their face?

47. A gift shared: a letter to God that my 9 year old wrote. She has struggled with reading and writing her whole life so it was a blessing.

I love Carl because he is striving to be courageous.



No comments: