Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Most Important Decision

What is the most important decision I need to make this year?
For me it is getting very serious about my walk with Christ. I have been making a huge effort this new year to make with my walk with God more important than anything else. I have seen a huge difference in my attitude and my soul. I have seen a change in my children also. We have really been concentrating on recognizing our own sin and taking responsibility for that sin. I personally have been examine my days for habitual sins, like anger. I also have been trying to point out the sins I see in my children. I am trying to teach them that God takes our sin very seriously. I keep being bombarded with the idea that saying a prayer one time does not make you a Christian. Now I know that there are people who make true confessions of Christ on their death bed. Making a confession one time and then living your life like nothing happened makes me question whether or not the confession was real. The Lord wants us to live lives that are pleasing to him. Living so much like the world that people cannot tell you are saved is not being a Christian. I am appalled at the number of people I have had to unfriendly or block on Facebook. These are people who go to church and profess to be Christians. Their lives show no evidence of being a child of God. I am grieved at number of people who go forward in churches and say a prayer and then leave the church building to go right back to how they were living before. That is not truly a confession of Jesus. A true confession is one where we go and start to line our whole lives up with what the Bible says. We get rid of the things that go against God and replace them with things that are pleasing to him. It is constantly examining our lives for things that grieve God. It is confessing and repenting every day. It is reading the Bible and praying. It is sharing our faith and fellowshipping with other believers for encouragement and teaching. It is this and much more. It is not staying where you are but moving in the direction of being more like Christ.
So this year I intend to move in that direction. I want to look back at this year and be able to see without a doubt that I am more like Christ than I was at the end of last year. I want people to be able to see the difference and take notice so I can give all the glory to God. He has given me so much. I want to enjoy him this year more than any year I have been alive. I want to bring him more glory than I ever have. He deserves all the glory and honor. I need to stop worrying about what man thinks and use the gifts he has given me to further his name here in the earth.

Three things I am thankful for about myself today.
37. The Lord has put in me this year such a desire to walk closer to him and know him more.

38. God has given me a gift for putting my thoughts into words on paper that seem to touch the hearts of those around me. That is truly a God thing and not of myself.

39. The Lord has allowed me the awesome privilege to be a mother to eight wonderful children and one awesome husband. He also has given me a heart for however many more children he has planned to bless us with, biological or not.

I love Carl because he beat us home and was there to greet us warmly and was not upset over sandwiches for dinner.




No comments: