Friday, January 4, 2013

One Thing - January 4, 2013

I have been hearing the idea of simplicity of late. With all the New Years resolutions that people are talking about we can get overwhelmed. Several blogs I follow have expressed the idea of focusing on one word throughout the year. I think that is an awesome idea. I have actually chosen two words this year. Both come from yesterday's post, IMPOSSIBLE and JOY. These are the two words I want to focus on this year.
Today's question is " What is the single most important thing I can do to it prove the quality of your family life this year?"
Wow! Where to start? I think this one is kind of two fold. They really are the same thing. I guess it comes down to spending time before The Lord. I need to work on my prayer life. I need to be in an attitude of prayer throughout my day. I need to come before The Lord more and ask for the impossible things. I need to believe that he will answer those prayers. I also need to immerse myself in the Word of God. I need to read it, study it, and memorize it. I need to let it become my everything. How can I have a relationship with God if I don't spend time with him. It may seem weird to people that this is my ONE thing. It really isn't weird at all. You can have the most organized house and all the things the world has to offer. I can even have obedient children. If I do not have their hearts for The Lord or my heart in tune with The Lord, then it is all in vain. I have nothing. I am empty. My walk with The Lord is so important to how my family is. My walk with The Lord determines my family life. Is it joyful and pleasant? Is it bitter and angry? My walk with The Lord determines this. The more time I spend with The Lord the better my family will be. My walk with The Lord will trickle down to my relationship with my husband and my children.
So my one thing that I will do this year to improve the quality of my family life this year is to spend more time with The Lord.

Three things I am thankful for.
3 graces I have overhead
7. Sam asking me to forgive him for his whining yesterday without me prompting him.
8. Carl and I having a discussion two nights ago and not getting upset with each other.
9. The four laws of biblical communication. I keep seeing it everywhere.

I love Carl because he makes the best hamburgers EVER and makes them for me after he has worked hard all day. Thank you sweetie!!!!












No comments: