Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Memory for Today - Another Migrane and Andy's

Alex has been sick for the past two days with a nasty cold. I did not make him do school today. He just laid on the sofa. I gave him walkie talkie and put on a movie for the little ones and went upstairs to do school with the older ones. I gave him the walkie talkie so we could talk to each other without yelling. Around lunch time the migraine started. I could feel it coming. I rushed downstairs to fix lunch before it became too bad. I was able to get through lunch and put the little ones down for a nap before I ended up on the sofa with my special blanket. This day was not one when my kids would cooperate with me. They tore the house apart and yelled all afternoon. Daniel and Esther ended up sitting in chairs. William was told if he said one more mean thing that I was going to send him to bed. Nathan was told that if he put his feet on the floor (he was sitting next to me on the sofa) that he was going to bed. Caleb ended up in the playpen and Sam snuggled next to me on the sofa snuggling under my blanket. I don't think he feels very well. He started coughing again today and had to get a breathing treatment this evening. Carl called and I told him that if he did not get home soon that I was going to put some of the kids outside on the back porch (it is about 25 degrees outside). I was just kidding but he was home in record time. He even stopped by and got pizza for the kids and a steak sub and cheese fries for me from Andy's. I don't like Andy's all the time but when I have days like today I need cheese fries, a steak sub, and an orange aid. It hit the spot and I think not eating was contributing to my migraine because I started to feel better. Now if I can only get Sam, Caleb, and Alex over their colds without catching it myself. I have been popping vitamin c all week. Thank you to my sweet man who took care of dinner tonight.

1 comment:

cindy said...

It's worth it all when your husband brings a surprise!!! I have days that, that's the day Nate brings me a coke and a snickers without warning at times!!!! Hooray for good men!