Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Memory for Today - A lot Easier

Today I recalled something Alex said on Saturday. I know it was a few days ago but I did not want to forget it. He wanted to do a craft at my mom's. She has these really cool crafts that she gets from VA whenever my Dad has an appointment. The one Alex wanted to do was to make a leather pouch. He did not follow the directions completely so he was having a really hard time making it work. He looked right at my mom and said "This was a lot easier in my mind." How true is that statement. How many times have I thought of doing something only to find out that it was nothing like I planned or pictured in my head. Take having children for instance. I never thought that I would have three children with speech delays, several with learning problems or two with very bad asthma. I knew parenting was going to be tough but I never envisioned my life where I am today. I am not complaining because each of children has taught me how to draw closer to the Lord. I just thought that it was going to be easier. When you hold that newborn baby in your arms you never think of the times that child will have the stomach flu (along with all six siblings) or the times you will end up at the ER for stitches or a breathing treatment. You never think of your heart breaking when your child disobeys and rebels. You never think of the hard work it will take to raise that little one. Every minute with my kids, good and bad, is worth it. I would not trade a tear or smile. I guess like Alex though, in my mind this parenting thing was a lot easier.

1 comment:

The T fam said...

So true on this.... Tiff