Friday, January 28, 2011

Memory for Today - Caleb and Miss Caroline

Today Caleb had his speech evaluation. The same therapist that worked with Sam came out to the house and played with Caleb and asked a ton of questions. She said that he is definitely delayed just like Sam was. I will get a call next week to set up our weekly meetings. She said that his skills were ranging from the 3-6 month scale to the 15 month scale. He had nothing higher than the 15 month level. He is 19 months old and really closer to 20 months old. It was an encouraging meeting but also a little discouraging. I am glad that he will be able to get services but just learning that one more child has delays makes me want to cry. Actually I have done that today. He is such a sweet boy who understands everything and is very smart. He just does not talk yet. I just need to keep remembering that God gives us the strength to handle whatever comes our way. I also need to remember that God placed these special children with me because he knew that I would be the best mom for them.
On a good note, she was pleased with Sam's speech. The last 15 minutes of the meeting I got Sam up so she could see just how much he is talking. She was astonished at how much he was talking. She just could not get over it. It made me realize that what we have been doing (homeschooling and concentrating on improving his speech) is worth it all.

No comments: