Sunday, January 2, 2011

Memory for Today - Attentive Eyes and Burgers

Today was Sunday so we went to church. It was nice to be back. The kids were sick for two weeks and then last week was snow. Today we had five of the kids in the service with us. We are trying to train them to sit through the preaching. They did an awesome job. I had to take Nathan's notebook away before the service even started but he was quiet and was not a problem. I was extremely impressed with Alex and William. William got that new Bible and he looked up the passages and even took notes. Alex, who normally has his head stuck in his drawing notebook ,was paying attention the wholes time. It was so good to look at my two older boys and see such attentive eyes. They are growing up so fast and maturing into nice young men. I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for them in life.
About the burgers, my husband makes the best burgers in the world. I am not kidding. They are better than any restaurant. The kids wanted to go out to McDonald's after church and get burgers. Lately I have not been able to tolerate any fast food. I mentioned to Carl that I did have a taste for a good burger and not the fast food kind. He decided that tonight for dinner he would make his famous burgers. He came home from church and put all my Christmas decorations away while I took a nap. I was not feeling well this afternoon. He then braved the cold and drizzle to grill me hamburgers outside. I bet people thought we were crazy. It made me feel special that he was willing to do that for me and take over a lot of the household duties lately. He truly is a man who is seeking after God. I am a truly blessed woman.

1 comment:

Davesgirl said...

So much to be thankful for! I am glad you had a great Sunday and took the time to write about it :)