Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Memory for Today - Those of a Like Mind and Miss Caroline

Today I got a phone call from Sam's old speech therapist, Miss Caroline. Caleb needs a speech evaluation and the CDSA worked it out so that she could work with Caleb since she is familiar with the family history of speech delays. I told her when she called that Sam was talking so well now. I guess she did not believe me for when she came to drop off the papers she was almost in tears. Sam came down the steps and was very shy for a few seconds. Then he just opened up and started talking in complete sentences. She could not believe it. He still has a long way to go but he has improved so much. Just to hear him say "I love you Mommy" is awesome. I can't wait for Caleb to start working with her too. I want him to at least start saying Ma Ma or even Da Da.
Also today I got a visit from our neighbor down the street. She is homeschooling her kids and had a couple questions as the oldest is only six. I was giving her a tour of the house and how I run things during the day. She had a lot of question because she has a 6,4,2, and newborn baby. It is funny because she has one boy and three girls. It was amazing to talk to another woman who values children and family like Carl and I do. She was telling me that she wanted more children and I found that amazing. When I told her that we were expecting #8 she almost jumped for joy. I almost cried. I get so many bad reactions from people and the sad thing is that most of those people are professing Christians. That is one of the reasons why we have not told many people about this new blessing. We are tired of being asked stupid questions and listening to even more stupid comments from people. I have heard every thing from "Do you know what causes that? (and yes we do) to "I wish people like you would stop having babies. I am tired of paying for them." (and yes my husband works very hard to provide for all of our children.) It was just such a pleasure to see someone have a joyous reaction to the news of a new little one for our family. I have struggled so much this pregnancy about people finding out and what they would think. I also have been struggling with the fact that there are so many women who desire a child with all their heart and for some reason they are unable to have them. Why would God choose me to be blessed with having so many children? I have so many friends and relatives who have lost babies to miscarriage and some who cannot have children at this point in their lives. I do not understand why God would allow me to have eight children and other women to have none. I have been just struggling with these issues since we became pregnant almost 12 weeks ago.I have come to realize that this child and any child for that matter is a blessing from the Lord and that this is not s surprise to God. This new life has been planned from the beginning of time and God's plan, not mine, is perfect.

4 comments:

Davesgirl said...

So glad you had an encouraging visit and comments! That was a God thing; just what your heart needed. All of our days, unborn and all, have been planned out from the beginning. That is such a comfort! I am happy you are having the blessing of 8 children!

Rebekkah said...

I am very excited for you and had been wondering if you were with some of the problems you had been having. Hooray for you.

Shirley T said...

Kimberly- So excited for your news. I'll be praying for you & the family!!! When are you due?
Shirley

cindy said...

Kim I learned a long time ago that how my life is going is never good enough for the masses. I went to Pensacola Christian College while the majority or our church/school went to BJU (I must have been out of God's will.) I did not date much until Nate, my senior year. I must be looking in the wrong direction, not listening to God or being the right person.
It took us 4 yreas and 8 months to have a baby, once we decided to try. We weren't doing it right, or I must not being praying enough. When I had my first, when was I having my second. (I must not be able to have more. We adopted children because I could not carry children.)When I
was 7-8 months pregnant with Drew, a lady in Walmart that I knew actually said I thought you couldn't have more. I just put my hands on my baby and said
I guess I can. We never said we couldn't. After having our quiver full with our 1 natural child and 4 adopted children God blessed us with another just as we were discussing Nate's impending vasectomy. God has a plan and a sense of humor. We thought we were to old to leave birthing a baby to chance, God knew better. We also get the buy a tv, get a new hobby comments. Those people are just jealous, because their relationship is not as sweet as yours. Don't let people take your joy!!! Especially in this way, this is a happy time...I'm praying for a sister for Esther:)