Thursday, January 6, 2011

Memory for Today - A Momma in Training

The kids spent the night at my mom's house last night. Carl and I just had some things we needed to talk about and having seven kids sometimes prevents having normal adult conversation. We had a great time of just talking and we made some decisions about some issues we have been dealing with lately, especially with some of our children. It was just what we needed.
This morning I went to pick the kids up. When I got there the kids were already doing their schoolwork. My mom was working with Esther and Daniel and the older ones were doing math. Esther was so excited when I walked in the door. Sam was the one who unlocked the door for me because everyone else was in the back of the house. My mom explained why Esther was so excited. This morning she woke up and took it upon herself to get Sam and Caleb up and got them dressed. My mom was very impressed and complimented her greatly. She was just so proud of herself. She changed diapers and everything. It is so great to see her growing up into a little lady. I told Carl last night that no matter how hard I try, I can never properly train the boys to be Godly young men. I can assist and help but they need to see how from Carl. I did tell him though that it is my job to teach Esther how to be a Godly young lady. That is my goal for her. I want her to grow up and become a Godly young women. If God so blesses her with a husband and a family I pray that she will be a Godly wife and mother. I need to equip her for her Godly role in life. She is such a blessing to me.

No comments: