Sunday, February 24, 2013

11 a.m. and Nameless Strangers 2/24/13

Three gifts before 11 a.m.

163. Family worship with my family. My husband was not feeling well so we did not go to church but worshipped at home this morning. We sang some songs and discussed Psalm 34. We were able to really have some good conversation about the passage. It was a great morning. It was fun playing the piano with my William boy.

164. Two extra chicken biscuits at McDonalds drive thru. Small, I know, but it was a blessing as one of our children did not like the thing he ordered. It saved a lot of time already having something extra that he could eat.

165. Coming out of my bedroom and being met with the baby giggles of my Tirzah girl in the hallway. She slept with her sister last night and woke up and went in search of Mommy. We were able to snuggle with Daddy for a few minutes before getting up.

Do you ever get the sudden urge that you are supposed to pray for a particular person? I asked The Lord at the beginning of this year to make my prayer life stronger and he has answered. I have felt the urge to pray for more people this year than ever before. A lot of times I will be asleep and will wake and have The Lord lead me to pray for someone. It happened today while driving. At McDonalds this morning we witnessed a very nasty encounter between two vehicles. One had cut the other one off in the parking lot and was very upset. It is a confusing parking lot and at one place you really do not know who has the right of way. The one car stopped and started yelling at the other people. It lasted a few minuted before they sped away. I really did not think anything of it. After Carl made the decision to return home instead of going to church (he was feeling poorly) we headed home. We encountered a police car blocking our lane. Two other police cars had a car pulled over in a driveway and they were searching it pretty throughly. It was the same car that had done the horn blowing and yelling at the McDonalds parking lot. I found it interesting but did not think anything of it. That was until I was in the car on the way to the fabric store with Esther. For some reason, all of a sudden, The Lord led me to rpay for that man and woman in that car that had been pulled over. It was an overwhelming feeling and I just had to start praying for them. I just prayed that The Lord would protect those two and would lead them to Him. I just kept praying it the entire way to the store and then back. I have no idea what is going on in their lives but I knew I had to pay for them. I will probably never see them again or know why they needed prayer today. All I know that is that I had to obey the Lord's leading. I pray for this nameless couple tonight that The Lord would lead them to come to him.

No comments: