Thursday, February 28, 2013

Prepared by the Past 2/28/13

Three gifts from the past that help you trust the future:

175. God protected me from the people who tried to harm me when I was 14. He rescued me from a frightening situation and brought me home to my parents and friends and family. He used that experience for me to fully understand what true forgiveness is and how bitterness can invade a life and destroy you. He showed me how if we trust in him that we can be rescued from any situation.

176. He walked right with me when my beloved and I were going through a separation. He was there through the whole thing. He forgave me for the things that I had done wrong in the marriage and led my husband to a point of repentance. It makes me believe that no matter what happens that he will walk with me and what I going through is only going to make me stronger.

177. Having one sister who has a learning disability and the other sister having major medical problems has prepared me for having children. I have several children who have major learning issues and three sons who have chronic health issues (asthma, seizures). Growing up with my two sisters prepared me to be ready when the Lord gifted me with my children who require more time and patience.

Esther's eye is so much better today. The prayers and antibiotics have finally started working. Her eye is like 10 times better than it was even last night. I am so thankful. We still need to be careful until we know what kind of infection that she has. The doctor told me today that it could take 6 months for her to be clear of this ordeal. He says that it is on her skin and can be passed by touching. We need to be real careful about who she has close contact with. I am just trusting the Lord that it will all work out. He knows what tomorrow will bring and he gives me the strength to handle it that day.

No comments: