Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hard Things 2/12/13

Three Hard Things

127. Being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever done. Actually, being a mother who is intent on raising her children to follow after God is hard. Being an example of how my children should follow Christ is literally the toughest thing I have ever experienced. I have never cried so many tears or laughed so hard. I have been kicked out of my comfort zone and yet found extreme joy. There have been so many sleepless nights and early mornings. I also have never learned so much or grown so close to the Lord.

128. Going through a separation with my husband was also one of the hardest things I have ever gone through. It was necessary to wake my husband up to sin in his life but in the process it revealed sin of my own. It was good for both of us as he was forced to draw close to God and so was I. When the separation was over we were both stronger and closer to God and each other. We learned so much.

129. Watching my 13 year old son have his first seizure in July was the most heart wrenching thing ever. I have never felt so helpless. It was actually a blessing because in the midst of the many doctor"s appointments that followed my son and I improved our relationship. It was also a blessing because he was initially put on a medication that caused wild violent episodes that woke my husband up to the fact that he and my son have a lot of healing to do in their relationship. My son is now on a new medication that causes less side effects and my husband and son meet together each week for one on one bible study.

I love Carl because he loves his two little girls with such a great love.

No comments: