Monday, February 18, 2013

Catch Up 2/18/13

3 Gifts in Shadows

139. On a hot summer day the cool shade of a tree is awesome. Sitting under the shade of the tree with a cool breeze blowing against your face is the most fantastic thing about summer.

140. The shadows that appear out our backyard when the sun goes down. It cast a wonderful glow above the trees and send the entire backyard into a contrast of shadow and light. It is magnificent because every evening is a little bit different.

141. When I am walking through the hardest times of my life I feel like there is darkness all around me. The truth is that in those times that God is walking so close to me to protect me that his shadow completely covers me from the evil trying to destroy me.

3 Gifts Found in Giving and Serving

142. The tears of woman who is going through chemo when you tell her you woke up in the middle of the night to pray for her. She shares with you that at the time you were praying she was awake and really struggling with pain and needed prayers just then.

143. The awesome feeling you have when you wake up at 2:00 in the morning and feel called to pray for a little girl who is in the hospital due to a car accident. You wake up the following morning to an e-mail that says that right at the moment you woke up and prayed she coded and had to be revived several times.

144. The wonder at being woken up in the middle of the night to pray for your brother-in-law in Iraq. Urgent prayer and I am talking the fall down on your knees and cry out to God kind. You wake up in the morning to 3 different phone calls by your two sisters and your mother. We all woke the same time that night and cried out to God on behalf of our brother-in-law, son-in-law, and husband. We found out later that day that his convoy had been attacked at that moment and they were pinned behind their overturned truck in a valley surrounded on all sides by enemy fire. They had no way of escape except for air support which came soon after four women and probably many others the Lord woke up a world way started to pray.  Give me goosebumps every time I think about it.

3 Gifts on Paper

145. The note to my husband written by a sweet little 9 year old girl who loves her daddy very much. She had written it a while ago but it somehow had made its way under the bed in our room. Cleaning up this morning I found it and it brought a smile to my face.

146. The blog I follow that has been kicking me out of my comfort zone as a parent and a wife. Every post is convicting and leads me to scripture to repent and seek help to deal with the consequences of my sin.

147. The lesson plans that I need to make today for the week. It makes me thankful that I have the awesome privledge of homeschooling my children and treaching them about God and who he is.

No comments: