Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Reflections and Ugliness 2/27/13


Three gifts that are reflections:

169. The reflection of the pond that I drive past every time I go to visit my mom. There are these trees that surround one side of it and it is amazing to see the change of season in those trees and the reflection in the pond. I keep threatening my kids that I am going to stop on the side of the road and take a picture of them in summer, spring, fall and winter.

170. The reflection of my face in the morning. Yes, it is a lot fatter than it used to be and there are more lines and spots, but I am healthy and have a husband I adore and 8 children who I love more than life itself.

171. The attitudes I see in my children that they get directly from me. They are just a reflection of me and it causes me to daily examine my life for what needs to be removed and what needs to be developed.

Three ugly - beautiful gifts

172. Esther's eye infection. It has caused me to do a lot of thinking these past few days about how I have taught my children. There has been a lot of doctor's appointments and interruptions to my day. I have found myself getting frustrated and I have seen the kids behavior as lacking. It has made me have a renewed desire to teach them better to be like the Lord.

173. The floor we uncovered in the kids bathroom. It was installed horribly when the house was built. It was just poor workmanship. My husband took that ugliness and installed a beautiful ceramica floor. I love it and it looks so much better. Knowing my husband's work ethic I know the floor was installed properly this time.


174. Our backyard in the winter looks like just a brown mess. During the spring we slowly see the green creep back until the whole yard is full and lovely and beautiful again.

I found out that I had numbered some of my gifts wrong. I going back and trying to repair them some of the posts got out of order. I do not know how to fix this. I am glad that I started the habit of putting the date in the title of the post. Sorry for any confusion.

No comments: