Saturday, February 9, 2013

Surprise Graces 2/9/13

3 surprise graces - unexpected blessings

118. My sweet first girl, Esther, was a complete surprise. We had three boys at the time and they were 4,3, and 1. I did not expect to get pregnant again so soon. I remember calling my husband and not being able to reach him. I called my sister in law and just broke down. She encouraged me and I was able to calm down and realize what a blessing this new life was going to be. Now, I look back nine years later and realize that this was no surprise to God. He knew that my precious Esther girl would be such a blessing to our family.

119. My sweet second girl, Tirzah. She also was a complete surprise. By this time we had seven children, 12,11,9,8,6,3, and 2. I was already overwhelmed. I was shocked when I found out and I was scared. I had had my first c-section with number 7 so I was really worried. It turned out that this little one was our long awaited and prayed for second girl. God knew that I would need this sweet little girl to make me laugh and smile.

120. My mother falling and hitting her head. She fell in the backyard and almost lost consciousness. In the process of getting checked out at the hospital the doctors found a brain tumor that probably would never have been found otherwise. This was just a few months after my father was diagnosed with leukemia. She had surgery to remove it and is now fine. My father is also cancer free. What a blessing that fall was. We are also able to help other families going through hard times.

I love Carl because when I am at the grocery store he takes care of the kids and tries to get them to clean the house and do the laundry so I have a clean house to come home to.

No comments: