Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Plan B 2/19/13

3 Gifts that Were Plan B

148. On vacation this year we were driving cross country to Colorado from North Carolina to visit my sister. We hit a deer on our second day of traveling. We were doing 70 miles an hour down the interstate. Thankfully no one was injured. It was memorial day weekend so we had to wait 3 days before our car could be looked at. We were stuck in Evansville, Indiana. We sent out an e-mail to our church asking for prayer and were flooded with offers of people who knew friends and family in the area. We ended up spending two days with complete strangers who opened their home to us. They fed us, did our laundry, and entertained us. We now have great friends for life.

149. My husband was deployed in 2004 to Kuwait. It was actually a Plan B. My husband's unit kept being on alert to be deployed and then taken off. This off and on went on for 2 years. It was horrible as we would get ready and then have to make changes again. My husband was given the opportunity to be a part of a small port operations unit going to Kuwait in 2004. He actually volunteered to go. He spent the entire year over there except for 2 weeks in September. We ended up getting pregnant during those 2 weeks. He came home and later found out that his original unit still had not been deployed but were now being sent over to Iraq. My husband never stepped foot in Iraq for which I am thankful. Plan B worked out just fine.

150. Having 4 children who have some sort of learning disabilities was not in my original plan. They have taught me to be patient and loving and understanding. I have more compassion for moms who are struggling with a difficult child. Being told your child has the worst case of ADHD the doctor has ever seen is heart breaking but I have learned that God does not give us anything that we cannot handle. It requires me to go to him in prayer many times a day in confession and crying out to him.

No comments: